My Personal Top Ten Valentine's Day Beauty Things To Do

Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I always like to take advantage of as many holidays as possible to treat myself to some sort of interesting beauty regimen. Valentine's Day is one of them! It is one of those days that you can treat yourself and indulge in some beautification self-love! Some of my V-Day to-do's may seem cheesy, but they get me hyped for that special day:

10) Red or pink nail polish - I'm not a fan of bright pinks and reds - just something that is muted and has a great shine to it. Great for both fingers and toes (I tend to prefer a darker hue of the red or pink on the toes though).
9) Red lipstick - I always wear a dark red lipstick, but whatever - I added it to my list anyway. :) This is not the holiday for me to experiment with other colors :).
8) Scented perfumes and lotions - I'm a big fan of Victoria's Secrets perfumes and lotions - I'm pretty sure I have all of Victoria's Secret's "body splashes." They all have matching lotions (which is important if you want to "layer" the scents by putting on the lotion and spray the matching perfume on top for a longer lasting scent). The perfumes have romantic names and have amazing floral scents that indulge the senses.
7) Wearing a piece of red clothing at some point during Valentine's Day week (the week prior to V-Day) - cheesy, but I pretty much do this every year since I was a little tot.
6) Indulging in face mask treatments - I am slightly obsessed with "The Body Shop", and I have a whole bunch of masks that I bought while I was in Korea two years ago. To say that I went on a beauty shopping spree there is quite the understatement...
5) Exfoliating scrubs and sponges - I love my skin to be sparkling smooth by the time V-Day rolls around. Exfoliating is incredibly important especially during the winter months, where the dry weather and bitter cold can make your skin a bit rough. I top off my exfoliation with a facial spa treatment.
4) The facial spa: After exfoliating, I use "The Facial Spa" by Conair. AMAZING! It gently steams your face, and opens all of your pores. I usually do a gentle moisturizing mask afterwards in order to smooth over my skin and give it a nice polished finish. I love how my skin feels after doing this.
3) Candles - if there is ever a time to indulge in great scented candles, it is Valentine's Day! Most drug stores carry them (CVS, Walmart, Duane Reade, etc.). Bed Bath and Beyond in particular has an excellent candle collection - I visit that section of the store quite often in order to indulge in the Yankee Candle scents (yum!).
2) Eyelashes - I am very into long eyelashes on V-Day, but you won't ever catch me wearing fake lashes. I am all about great mascaras - Loreal's Carbon Black Mascara is my favorite lengthening mascara right now - it stretches and darkens the lashes, and 2 or 3 applications provides me with the perfect long lash look. I may also include Maybelline's mascara, "The Blackest Black," in order to finish it off for lash perfection.
1) A Victoria's Secret item (besides the perfumes and lotions) - I have to treat myself to Vikki's! Isn't Valentine's Day the day for every woman to feel sexy and put something on that makes them feel cute and womanly? I answer in the affirmative! :) What do I buy, you ask? Won't tell ya - it is called Victoria's Secret for a reason! :)

0 comments:

 
 
 
Bookmark and Share

Meter