Is Lil' Wayne the New Denzel?

Monday, August 24, 2009

Rapper Paul Wall
Have you ever noticed guys posing around you, trying to look cool in order to impress you and/or win your attention? Interestingly enough, I've noticed an increasing number of guys trying to "pose" as they drive or walk around town. I know posing is by no means a new phenomenon, but now, the posing seems to have taken on a strong "Lil Wayne" flavor, which is hilarious as well as unfortunate. In one summer, I noticed more than a few guys who have taken on the Lil' Wayne look, and trying to get attention and win ladies with variations of this particular look:


Rapper Lil Wayne


Now, I don't mean to sound superficial, but really? Lil Wayne may be popular on the music charts (which is questionable enough on its own), but I really don't think most women are attracted to that look. In fact, I don't think most women are attracted to guys who don't pull their pants up and/or dress appropriately overall. So my question is: why do guys think that it is cool and attractive to dress this way? I have asked my guy friends this question, and they just shrug their shoulders as well. I personally think these "Lil Wayne" look-alikes are just confused, they don't realize how they actually appear in society, and are completely unaware of the vast amount of women who find the look incredibly unattractive as well as unappealing. I have never heard a girl swoon over guys who dress like Lil Wayne - with a shirt way too big, pants hanging off their behind, etc. On the other hand, I've heard plenty of women swoon over Denzel Washington/Morris Chestnut/Boris Kudjoe/Tay Diggs/Blair Underwood types PLENTY of times (see pics below).

I have always been attracted to men who know how to dress well and carry themselves with class, and I don't think I am an anomaly among most women. I just hope the young men clueless enough to dress so inappropriately choose to wise up and pull their pants up if they really want to attract a good woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think people look at the fame of the "Lil Waynes" of the world and try to copy their style.
However people seem to forget that it's not the clothing and 'swag' that attracts but simply the fame. People also forget that at the end of the day, these people made their fame by actually working HARD at what they do whether their lil Wayne or Denzel.

InBloom said...

I'm a well-educated woman, and honestly I think Lil' Wayne's swagger is hot. I'm not in to thugs, but both he and T.I. are so sexy to me. I don't get it. But I think it's an animal magnetism type of thing :D

 
 
 
Bookmark and Share

Meter