Why It Is So Important To Select Friends Carefully

Saturday, May 16, 2009



I am a big fan of B.Scott's channel on YouTube, and appreciate his frankness on so many controversial and not-so-controversial topics. This video on letting go of certain types of friendships is such an important topic for everybody! I'm sure most people have been in a situation where they questioned whether or not to let go of a particular friendship, for various reasons. I have definitely been in this situation and can empathize with every point in B.Scott's video, particularly letting go of negative and competitive friendships. As much as I love and cherish my friends, I am very reluctant to hold on to certain friends that don't "fit well" anymore or drain the life out of me - particularly if the person always has a negative vibe or a negative response to something positive going on, or if they are so competitive that if I say something, they have to match it and "one-up" me on whatever topic, from the most basic topic to the more interesting conversation pieces. Today, I can honestly say that I have no "drainers" in my life, primarily due to the fact that I treasure having peace in my life as much as possible, and guard it with a golden key by choosing my relationships very carefully. A major reason why I have chosen to let certain romantic relationships go, for example, is due to the fact that I am very particular with the kind of man I let into my heart - at that point, it is not only a matter of my keeping "peace" in my life, but also maintaining a sound heart, mind, romantic vibe, trust, and all the other matters that automatically attach to dating.

I very much encourage you to re-evaluate your friendships and cherish the ones that uplift you and keep you encouraged, and consider separating yourself from those that drain the life out of you. Your friends have a major impact on your life, whether you like it or not - so treasure the ones who truly show themselves "friendly," and let go of the ones who are wolves cleverly dressed in "friend" clothing.

1 comments:

livelaughHope said...

I love this ! this goes so well with the situation i was thinking about !

 
 
 
Bookmark and Share

Meter